Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Little Angels

Today, 27 January, five years ago, my nephew, Logan Cole Simpson, lost his fight against Leukemia. He was just five years old. He first had Leukemia at three years old but with treatment he went into remission. He was such a strong little fellow. So brave. I called him my little Champ.

We had just had an absolutely fantastic Christmas in 2010. The joy, the laughter we all experienced that Christmas was beyond words. I can still see it all so clearly. Logan and his brother, Chase, swimming in the pool. He made us laugh so much! I recall his face when he saw how many Christmas presents "Father Christmas" had left under the tree. So precious. A memory ingrained in my mind.

Then early January our world crashed!! Logan had picked up some form of virus and was battling to fight it. His immune system gave in. We were told he had three months. Within two weeks, he was gone.

The night before his passing I dreamt that he was with me in this huge Church. It had so many corridors and so many doors and there were all these High Priests/Priestesses all over. They were wearing long coats of red, gold and green. They were all friendly and smiling. The walls were decorated with Christmas decorations. I was walking down a corridor with Logan holding my hand. Next, one of the High Priest's approached me and said that it was time and that I should bring Logan into this hall. I followed this High Priest and as we were about to enter the hall, he turned and took Logan by the hand and led him into this bright, colourful hall with a massive Christmas tree in the centre. It was really amazing! It was there that my dream ended and right at that point my cell phone rang and it was my sister, telling me that Logan was gone. I remember how I realised right at that moment how it all fit together. I was heartbroken but at the same time I felt at peace.

That evening I was sitting on the edge of my bed just thinking of Logan, tears streaming down my face. I recall I said aloud, "Logan, please give me a sign that you are okay". Next thing my bedroom door moved, and as it moved it creaked. It was as if someone had just walked into my room and had lent on the bedroom door. I immediately took that as a sign as my bedroom door is situated behind my cupboard/closet. It is a door that never even shudders even when there is a draught. The only time that door ever moves an inch is when a person brushes against it. I remember saying "Oh good, so glad you are". My little Champ is now a little Angel :)

Little Angels
When God calls little children
To dwell with Him above,
We mortals sometimes question
The wisdom of His love.
For no heartache compares with
The death of one small child
Who does so much to make our world
Seem wonderful and mild.
Perhaps God tires of calling
The aged to his fold,
So he picks a rosebud
Before it can grow old.
God knows how much we need them,
And so He takes but a few
To make the land of Heaven
More beautiful to view.
Believing this is difficult
Still somehow we must try,
The saddest word mankind knows
Will always be “Goodbye”.
So when a little child departs,
We who are left behind
Must realise God loves children,
Angels are hard to find.







No comments:

Post a Comment